Pages

5.29.2011

Making Time

Since starting my fitness journey a couple months ago, I've learned many things. The most important thing is YOU make time for what YOU think is important.


Every day has 24 hours. It's the same for everyone. For a long time in college, I found time for three things: going to class (sometimes), watching TV while stuffing my face, and sleeping. In only three short months, I have now started finding time to go to class (EVERY time), work out, go to work, sleep, spend time with my boyfriend, see my friends, and cook myself something nice every now and again.
It's not that I have more hours in my day. (Sometimes I wish I had more hours in my day.) It's that I've figured out what is and isn't important. And I've learned to maximize my time--I do squats when I'm standing around at work with nothing to do, I read on my lunch break.

So here's the thing, guys: figure out what's important. Figure it out now. And make time for it. You're the only one who can. Things aren't going to be easy--in fact, filling your life to the brim with activities you love is sometimes going to be very trying. You'll have to give things up. But in the end, you'll be happier for it.

Go do it. Whatever "it" is. Do it, and do it to the best of your ability.


What are YOU going to do with your 24 hours?

1 comment:

  1. Right now, being in NYC, my hours are so much different than being at home. I spend at least 2 hours a day on the subway, anywhere from 6-9 sleeping, probably 8 walking and admiring, and whatever is left writing my blog, attempting homework, and talking to my boyfriend.
    At home, it's a little different. I cook. I read. I bike. I work. I do homework. I sometimes watch some TV. I don't workout much, although I know I should. Maybe I'll get back into it soon.. but baby, I am SO PROUD OF YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete